On Hughes’ literary ancestors: I’ve read more than one post attributing his style to his Catholic education. I think he owed much more to the English satirists and essayists of the 18th century. His SoHoiad, a transposition of the Dunciad to the 1980s NYC art scene, is a brilliant exception to the rule that no Jesuit can become Pope.
- Mary Beard, SPQR
- Anabel Hernández, Narcoland
- The history of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire: By Edward Gibbon, Esq
- Berlin Alexanderplatz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- James Blish, A Case of Conscience
- Alfred Bester, The Demolished Man
- Peter Watts, Blindsight
- Robert Sheckley, Store of the Worlds
- Alfred Bester, The Stars My Destination
- Robert Heinlein, Double Star
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.