Venus is played by the two leads; her attempted seduction of Adonis is mostly addressed directly to the audience. This is a very effective dramatisation: sexy, funny and moving. The live music by Felicity Clark, Michael Sheridan, Bree van Reyk was great. It was so good it made me feel a bit bad about my lampoon of the poem last week. I read it to prepare for the play, not as part of the Auden on Shakespeare project. The Auden lectures don’t cover any of the long poems, which is a shame.
- Mary Beard, SPQR
- Anabel Hernández, Narcoland
- The history of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire: By Edward Gibbon, Esq
- Berlin Alexanderplatz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- James Blish, A Case of Conscience
- Alfred Bester, The Demolished Man
- Peter Watts, Blindsight
- Robert Sheckley, Store of the Worlds
- Alfred Bester, The Stars My Destination
- Robert Heinlein, Double Star
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.